Anúncio do HT Forum

Sony Lança Três Novos Projetores 4K HDR

Discussão em 'Projetores' iniciada por Obi 1, 6 Set 2018.

1. Obi 1

Obi 1 Usuário

Desde 3 Abr 2007
    Porto Alegre
    Pra sonhar... :D

Sony Launches Three 4K HDR Projectors, Including VPL-VW995ES – CEDIA 2018

by Mark Henninger on September 6, 2018

[​IMG]
    Sony announces VPL-VW295ES, VPL-VW695ES and VPL-VW995ES projectors at CEDIA 2018.

Sony significantly improves the capabilities of its sizable array of SXRD 4K HDR home theater projectors at CEDIA 2018 in San Diego. Three new models add useful capabilities and features, and represent a leap forward in performance at their respective price points.

Andre Floyd of Sony Electronics discusses the new 4K projectors Sony unveiled at CEDIA 2018.

At the entry level for 4K is the VPL-VW295ES ($4999.99) that is the most affordable option for a true 4K projector. For 2018, the 295ES brings support for 18 Gbps HDMI and consequently it can handle 60p 4K HDR. This is crucial for enjoying gaming on this projector, which is one of the most interesting uses given that it’s also got a low latency mode that reduces input lag to 27 milliseconds.

The VPL-VW695ES is a premium lamp-based projector that packs a ton of features and costs a penny under ten grand. It has a dynamic iris for high contrast and a motorized lens with memory, so it can adapt to multiple screens and aspect ratios.

Sony’s VPL-VW995ES ($34,999.99) is a very special projector. First of all, I had a chance to try one out pre-CEDIA so I know what it’s capable of. And simply put, what it can do is amazing because it builds on VPL-VW885ES I reviewed last year. The 995ES possesses a laser-phosphor light source, which is can modulate instantaneously on a scene-by-scene basis, a capability it shares with the 885ES. Moreover, the 995S adds a dynamic iris to the mix, which allows it to express even greater contrast.

The big improvement with the VPL-VW995E is the lens. It uses a All Range Crisp Focus (ARC-F) lens, which debuted on the VPL-VW1000ES and is used on the VPL-VW5000ES. I saw the benefit of the lens the moment I turned on the 995ES, it’s sharp from edge to edge and clearly outperforms the lenses I see on other projectors. The projector gets even more performance out of the lens by implementing a new “Digital Focus Optimizer” function that squeezes every last bit of detail out of the lens.

During my preview of the VPL-VW995ES I watched Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Ready Player One and Annihilation on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray. The image exhibited incredible detail, even in deep shadows such as in many scenes from Annihilation. It’s all very inky and silky and organic, in a way that transcends medium and simply brings the image to life. It’s the best projected image I’ve seen in my home, bar none.

These three projectors are part of the IMAX Enhanced program, which is a content remastering and gear certification program announced here at CEDIA. It’s meant to ensure a superior 4K HDR viewing experience accompanied by 3D immersive sound from DTS.

“Sony has led the 4K projector market since 2005 by providing models that all include full 4K resolution imagers on all three color channels, delivering 24 million pixels on screen at every instant,” said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics. “Our newest 4K home cinema projectors set a new standard for features and performance, and the result is an amazing viewing experience.”

Without question, each of the new projectors represents a significant enough leap forward in capability to justify Best of CEDIA awards. Indeed, Sony gets one for each model.

Product Details (taken directly from the press release)

– VPL-VW995ES is one of Sony’s most powerful home cinema projectors yet, producing stunning images, with a laser source providing 2,200 lumens for spectacular brightness; this model also achieves high dynamic contrast through its dual-contrast control engine powered by dynamic laser control and Advanced Iris technology.

– VPL-VW695ES allows viewers to experience the true beauty of 4K HDR with 1,800 lumens of brightness via UHP lamp and the newly adopted 4K Motionflow for natural motion; this model will succeed both the VPL-VW385ES and VPL-VW675ES.

– VPL-VW295ES is the successor to the VPL-VW285ES. This 1,500 lumen lamp-based projector includes many of the features of the other two models, including a native 4K SXRD panel, HDMI 18 Gbps compatibility, 4K Motionflow and HDR capability at a cost-effective price point.

– Both the VPL-VW695ES and the VPL-VW295ES come in compact size, with 2.06 zoom and wide lens shift to make them easy to install.

1. Este site usa cookies. Se você continuar a usar este site, automaticamente concorda com nosso uso de cookies.
    Fechar Aviso